About this policy
Recrutos (herein referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information in accordance with Australian privacy laws.
When you engage us to provide you with any services, apply or complete online registration, communicate with us through email, by telephone, in writing, participate in any of our promotional activities, or use any of our other services, including our websites, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy. This policy is also relevant and applies to other individuals we deal with in connection with the services we provide, such as employers.
- Types of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with us.
Personal information we may collect from our candidates includes, among other things:
- identity particulars – such as your name, address, date of birth, occupation, telephone numbers and e-mail address;
- personal information we collect from you when assessing, processing and managing an application by you for employment;
- personal information you provide to us when you participate in a promotion, promotional activity, survey, market research, subscribe to our mailing list;
- your records of communication with us;
- if you visit our website, your website usage information such as your IP address.
- Information from any reference checks;
- The results of any competency or medical test, or any background check as required for a position;
- Any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace;
- Information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were involved in;
- information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- information in relation to your legal right to work in Australia;
- statistical information from our website users. This information is anonymous and is only used to help us continually improve the experience for our users;
- Any additional information disclosed by you to us.
Personal information we may collect from our clients includes, amongst other things:
- Business contact details
- key people contact details within the business
- information regarding functions and activities of the business
- information on structure, culture and general information of the business to gain an understanding of operations
- recruitment and HR information from the business
- Any additional information provided by the business to Recrutos
- Information provided in any marketing collateral such as White Papers, Case Studies etc, participate in blogs and forums and any other online mediums.
- Third Parties
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party
- The purpose for collecting your personal information
We will generally only collect and use your personal information for the primary purposes of:
- our general business operations and effectively providing you with our services, including but not limited to:
- your actual and possible placement.
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects.
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo.
- informing you of possible work opportunities, relevant candidates, or other events such as training or information sessions by direct mail, email and /or SMS.
- our management of any complaint, investigation, or inquiry in which you are involved.
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
- undertaking criminal or other background reference checks.
- communicating with you;
- responding to your inquires or complaints;
- meeting our legal and regulatory obligations;
- conducting, improving and developing a relationship with you;
- direct marketing (such as providing you with information about our services and promotional notices and offers); and
- for research, development, improvement, business systems and infrastructure testing, and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
Your personal information is only collected by lawful and fair means and where practicable, only from you or from a person acting or authorised to act on your behalf.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- the likely use of the information;
- the right of access to the information;
- the identity and contact details of our employee/representative collecting your personal information;
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- the main consequences of failure to provide your personal information.
- How we may use and disclose your personal information
We may use your personal information for:
- the primary purposes for which it was collected, such as those described above;
- assessing and processing an application;
- administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our services;
- conducting, and allowing you to participate in, a promotion, promotional activity, survey, market research or customer behavioural activity;
- promoting and marketing our current and future services to you, informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers and analysing our services so as to improve and develop new services (but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing)
- improving the operation of our websites.
We may disclose personal information we collect from you:
- to our related companies, suppliers, consultants, contractors or agents for the primary proposes for which it was collected or for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- for direct marketing by, but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing; We will include our contact details in any direct marketing;
- to relevant Federal, State, Territory medical, health and safety authorities (as required);
- where the law requires or authorises us to do so;
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
Recrutos reserves the right to disclose an individual’s personal information to a responsible person or a close relative of that individual where it is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious or imminent threat to the individual’s life, health or safety.
We do not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law, and we will not sell or license any personal information that we collect from you.
- How your personal information is stored and secured
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access by restricting access to the information in electronic format and by appropriate physical and communications security.
If a substantial data breach has or may have occurred (for example, your personal information was shared with unauthorised persons) we will notify you as soon as is practicable.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of the personal information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Recrutos will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
- Using our Website and Cookies
As with most websites, when you visit our website or use an application on our website, we may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, duration of visit, bounce rate, country location of visitor, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded type of browser and operating system. Data collected is used as analytical data to enable us to customise future content as per our user’s preferences.
We also uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use our website, but the website may be limited in the use of some of the features.
Cookie information is not stored or collected by Recrutos.com.
- Google Analytics
In addition to web server logs, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Reports obtained from Google Analytics are used to help improve the efficiency and usability of this website.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
- Withholding personal information
You are not required by law to provide all the information we request, however, if you choose to withhold information we may be limited in our ability to locate or place you in suitable work.
- Marketing and Opting-Out
We may use your personal information for:
- promoting and marketing of our current and future services;
- informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers; and
- analysing our services so as to improve and develop new services.
We may exchange your personal information between our related entities and so they can also assist in the marketing of our services to you.
We will only offer you services where we reasonably believe that they could be of interest or benefit to you.
At the point we collect information from you, you may be asked to “opt in” to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information. You will generally be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving marketing communications from us. You may “opt out” from receiving these communications by clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email or by contacting us with this request.
- Cross border disclosure
Your personal information may also be processed by, or disclosed to employees, representatives, or other third parties operating outside of Australia who work for, or are engaged by us in other countries, including The United States, United Kingdom and Vietnam. For example, we may use a server hosted overseas to store data, which may include your personal information.
We will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, before your personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to your personal information (‘the reasonable steps’).
The reasonable steps may not apply if you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient and we reasonably believe that the overseas receipt is subject to laws that are suitability similar to privacy laws in Australia.
If you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient may not be accountable under the Privacy Act, and you will not be able to seek redress for breaches under the Privacy Act.
- Accurate and up-to-date information
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, up-to-date and not misleading by updating its records whenever true and correct changes to the data come to its attention.
If you believe your information is incorrect, incomplete or not current, you can request that we update this information by contacting our Privacy Officer. To contact our Privacy Officer please see contact details below in paragraph 20.
We will correct information we hold about you if we discover, or you are able to show to a reasonable standard, the information is incorrect. If you seek correction and we disagrees that the information is incorrect, we will provide you with its reasons for taking that view.
We disregard information that seems likely to be inaccurate or out-of-date by reason of the time that has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in our possession.
- Access to your personal information
We acknowledge that you have a general right of access to information concerning you, and to have inaccurate information corrected. You are able to access the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer. If access is refused to your personal information for reasons permitted by the Privacy Act, we will give you a notice explaining our decision to the extent practicable and your options.
To contact our Privacy Officer please see contact details below. If you make an access request, we may ask you to verify your identity and put your request in writing for security reasons. We may charge a reasonable administration fee to cover the costs of meeting your request. We will reply to your request for access within 30 days of notification by you.
- Dealing with unsolicited information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed or de-identified immediately.
- Anonymity when dealing with us
Only where it practicable to do so, we may allow you the option not to identify yourself when dealing with us.
- Collecting sensitive information
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
• For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
• For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
• With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
- Government identifiers
We do not use government identifiers (e.g. tax file numbers or Medicare numbers) to identify individuals.
- Transfer of ownership
- Complaints and disputes
We will ensure your compliant is handled by our Privacy Officer in an appropriate and reasonable manner. Were necessary we may consult with our related entities and partners in order to deal with your complaint. A written notice of our decision regarding your complaint will be provided to you. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, then you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
- Who should you contact for further information?
Sarah Hecimovic Phone: 1300 911 613
Our Privacy Officer will consider your question or complaint and respond to you in a reasonable timeframe.
Last Updated September 1st 2020